I wanted to try and make driftwood after seeing some driftwood frames in a local shop. I couldn’t find any information on tumbling wood, so i went ahead and chucked a few pine off cuts in with some glass. I was pretty amazed by the results, much better than I expected.
The tumbler has been going for 3 months. I check it weekly to oil the rollers and to swap the contents out (or not as is often the case). I learnt very early on to avoid getting oil on the belt, this causes the motor to spin, but the barrels pretty much just sit there for a week not moving.
The barrels tend to leak slightly, and leave a dusty white powder everywhere, but this doesn’t cause any real problems. One barrel even managed to fall off at some point between my weekly checks.
I have at least 2 projects planned for the glass and wood, but its a case of waiting for enough to be produced.